No images are available of this house.

A tract of 300 acres was purchased by Llewellyn David in 1708. The family name changed from David to Davis in the early 18th century. By 1742 Isaac Davis became the sole owner. In 1774 Isaac sold a portion of the tract to his son, Benjamin Davis. Issac died in 1778 and the remainder of the tract including this house descended to his son, Captain John Davis. It remained in the Davis family until 1926. The house is presently known as Upper Stream Farm.

The Glass tax returns list the following buildings: a Stone House 30’ x 21’, 2 floors. Windows: 2 of 15 panes; 2 of 12 panes; and 4 of 8 panes. Additionally a Stone Kitchen 30’ x 17’; a Stone Spring House 14’ x 12’; two Stone Barns one of dimensions 60’ x 28’, the other of 40’ x 25’. A sawmill was jointly owned with the Baugh family. There were 2 tenant houses, a 2 story Stone Tenant House measuring 30’ x 18’ with 3 windows of 15 panes; 3 windows of 12 panes; 1 window of 8 panes, and 1 window of 6 panes. The second Stone Tenant House was unfinished with dimensions 20’ x 16’ on 2 floors together with a Spring House 12’ x 10’.

References: No articles have been published on this house. See the deed history and the genealogy of the Davis family.