Little in known about this building. It is believed that Zachary Davis occupied the property in 1777, which was owned by either Maurice or David Stephens. The present building dates from the 19th century, the original house having been destroyed in 1812. The Spring House is considered to be 18th century.


Photographs of Spring House by Mike Bertram, 2/28/2009


References:
  • 1. Huntingdon’s Quarters in American Officer’s Quarters at Valley Forge, TEHS Quarterly, vol. 8, #2 (April 1954);