No image exists of this barn.

This barn was originally part of the Chesterbrook Mill tract. Joseph Mitchell probably built the mill around 1770. Another miller, Henry Zook, acquired the property at a Sheriff’s sale in 1789. He sold it to Adam Siter in 1797 who died soon afterwards. Siter’s estate owned the barn in 1798. It is likely that Mitchell built the barn.

The Glass Tax return gives the size of the barn as 57’ x 30’. The Historic Resources Survey[1] gives the size as 65’ x 32’.


  • 1. Historic Resources Survey, Tredyffrin Township, Pennsylvannia, Preservation Design Partnership, October 2003, page 262.

See the deed history.