No image exists of this house.

This house was originally part of the Chesterbrook Mill tract. Joseph Mitchell probably built the mill around 1770. Another miller, Henry Zook, acquired the property at a Sheriff’s sale in 1789. He sold it to Adam Siter in 1797 who died soon afterwards. Siter’s estate owned the house in 1798. Mitchell may have built the house.

The Glass Tax return gives the size of the Stone House as 40’ x 18’ on 2 floors with 8 windows of 15 panes, and 5 windows of 12 panes. The other buildings are the barn 57’ x 30’ and the grist mill 44’ x 33’.


  • 1. Historic Resources Survey, Tredyffrin Township, Pennsylvannia, Preservation Design Partnership, October 2003, page 279.

See the deed history.