Photograph by William Burwell, c. 1900
From the Society’s Archives

John Beaver (aka Bieber) purchased the farm in 1767. He died of ‘camp fever’ during the encampment. The property descended to Samuel Beaver who got into financial difficulties in 1850s and the property was sold out of the family.

The Glass tax returns show the following buildings: a Stone House 30’ x 27’, on 2 floors. Windows: 5 of 15 panes; and 7 of 12 panes. Additional buildings were a Stone Kitchen 20’ x 17’; a Stone Spring House 15’ x 15’ and a Log Barn 40’ x 22’.

Pulaski cannot have stayed long in the house. He was in command of the cavalry which was sent off to winter in New Jersey.

Photograph by Mike Bertram, 11/5/2006

References: No articles have been published on this house. See the deed history and the genealogy of the Beaver family.