From the TEHS Quarterly

This property was part of Thomas Jerman’s tract. Adam Rickabaugh purchased it in 1767. The house remained in the Rickabaugh family until 1900.

The Glass Tax return gives the size of the Stone House as 55’ x 21’ on 1 floor with 8 windows of 12 panes, 3 windows of 6 panes, and 2 windows of 15 panes. The other buildings on the property are a stone barn 60’ x 28’ a sawmill; and an oil mill. There was also a tenant house, described separately.


See the deed history and the genealogy of the Rickabaugh family