Postcard, 1905
From the Society’s Archives

7/30/1989, Photographer unknown
From the Society’s Archives

It is not clear when the Walker family acquired this estate (known as Many Springs Farm). By 1798 it had been inherited by Joseph Walker. He was General Wayne's cousin-in-law.

The Glass Tax returns show the following buildings: House 30’ x 28’, 2 floors. Windows: 12 of 15 panes; 2 of 12 panes; 5 of 4 panes; Stone Barn 40’ x 28’. There was also a Stone Grist Mill (50’ x 25’) and Saw Mill on Trout Creek nearby.

References: No articles have been published on this house. See the deed history and the genealogy of the Walker family.