Document Collection

Finding Aid for the Walker School Papers, 1863-1971 (17 items)

Documents and photographs related to the Walker School, Tredyffrin Township - Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Mark Montgomery, May 17, 2015

Original photograph of students in front of the Walker School (no inscriptions)

Photocopy of photograph of students in front of the Walker School

Four 8x10 glossies: 1 showing the Walker School, and 3 showing landscape views near it, 1949

Original Deed, Joseph and Hannah Walker to the Tredyffrin Township, 1863, oversize (laminated)

Title Report, Eleanor Cassatt Laird, granting a property easement to Tredyffrin township, 1949

Deed, transferring the property to Marghrita L. O’Neil, 1971

Photocopy of booklet compiled in 2000 at an open house for Walker School graduates, including clippings, photographs, lists and questionnaires.

2 clippings on Elizabeth Dunwoody, a teacher at the Walker School

1 clipping on the Diamond Rock School

Undated obituary for C.W. Walker, and a small clipping about the Walker Farm

Clipping about Tredyffrin schools

Printed booklet: Valley Forge Landmarks, 1958

Printed booklet: The Great Valley Association, 1955

Printed booklet: Tredyffrin Township, A Guide to local government and services, 1989

3 TEHS Quarterlies: Vol. 19/3, July 1981; Vol. 24/4, October 1986; Vol. 30/4, October 1992
(Walker School references: TEHS Quarterly Vol. 19/3, July 1981, pp. 69-76; Vol. 24/4, October 1986, pp. 151-54; Vol. 44/1-2, Winter-Spring 2007, p. 34)

Cheryl Leibold