Photograph by Mike Bertram, 12/19/2009

The early history of the tract that includes the house is unclear. Lewis Gronow acquired the property at an unknown date. In 1782 he bequeathed it to his nieces, Mary and Isabella Bull. The property was occupied by a tenant in 1798 and is listed as being owned by Sarah Bull, Mary & Isabella’s mother. Charles Bloomhart owned the farm in 1883.

The Glass Tax returns list the following buildings: a Stone House 24’ x 18’, on 2 floors with 3 windows of 12 panes; 1 of 8 panes; and 3 of 4 panes; and a Log Workshop 24’ x 16’.