In 1798 Frederick Landis (aka Lantis) owned a tract of 50 acres to the east of Paoli. The property had been previously owned by members of the Wayne family.
The Glass Tax has no entry for buildings on the property. It is unclear whether this due to there not being a building with glass windows or whether the description was omitted by mistake. A 1980s survey considered 2 bays of the house to have been constructed around 1740.
See the deed history.